Friday, June 26, 2009

Walking Near the Middle of the Intellectual Road ~ Balancing on a Tight Rope and Dancing with You

I get a "wild hair" once in awhile and set out on a journey to experience new concepts and truths.



Once I wanted to experience "God will provide" and my car got stollen in California on trip. My car, clothes, camping gear, money, and my purse (identification) was gone... there I was with only the clothes on my back.... (I've been there many more times since then) Guess what? I'm not in California anymore and for the other times? I was lead out of them also.



It's the experiences that we learn from. That's how we apply the concepts that we are growing into. Wow, I've had some doeseys of experiences on this one... Homeless, living out of my Toyota and working.... showering at truck stops and in rivers. I've had enough of that lesson. What I learned about me though, was incredible. I am strong. I can perservere through incredibly difficult situations. God does provide and strengthen. I am flexible and adaptable. I am a hard worker. I can do anything with the power and strength of I a loving higher power.




I wanted to experience community. So, I set out to visit and interview different communities all living their "bliss". I met some incredible people. I learned that there are many others who live very differently, all in harmony with each other. How I manifested this was by raising my children on a Paiute Indian Reservation in concert with the most joyful, inclusive people I have ever met. We were included and loved by a whole nation of people. We learned again that creating "family" is God given, not just your family of origin. I have been changed and healed by that experience. My kids call it the "good old days". Many, many happy memories.



I got a incling to learn about relationships and the lessons that those bold enough to rise up, bring to me. That has grown into the foundation of my spiritual beliefs. It was a wild ride. The understanding and forgiveness that has come to me and expanded to others has been miraculous. I experienced great judgement from others and learned not to judge. I experienced full circle many positions in life that I wanted to understand. Now, I am equipped to help others.



I wanted to live fully and not be afraid to die, so I got cancer. The tumors helped teach me the old beliefs that no longer serve me and my experience provided new proof of new concepts. I died three times.... they were joyous experiences.... now, I can live fully and move forward when the time comes joyously...




A General Description of How You Approach New Information and Experiences




Like someone who can sleep comfortably on either side of the bed, you are equally at home with ideas and beliefs that you have held for a long time and with new ways of thinking and believing that grow out of your intellectual curiosity.

Your sense of who you are and what your place is in the world around you rests on values and principles that are the solid ground you walk upon. You've tested them, they work for you, and much of the time you are content to trust them, that is, until some provocative new idea slips in from a conversation, book or some flight of your active imagination. 'Hmmmm. What's this. Never thought of it before.' And off you go, exploring.

Since you love to learn, you've always been teachable; you absorb new information, which means you are well-educated in things that matter to you. Sometimes your intellectual exploring will lead you back to where you started; the 'next new thing' proves too shallow or impractical to you. But once in a while a new idea or belief will dislodge you from the ground you've stood upon; it is so compelling and persuasive that you step away from the tried-and-true and embrace this notion that is brand new to you.

Because you hold both solid beliefs and are open to new ideas, you are accepting of other people and other ways of thinking and believing. You are flexible enough to listen to something new and different, or something outside of your comfort zone; if it works for you, you'll take it in, and if not, you'll let it go. In this sense, you know who you are: you are neither closed-minded nor wildly open-minded, but walk somewhere near the middle of the intellectual road.




Have you gone on a spiritual quest lately? It's the only way to live...

No comments:

Post a Comment